AeroVironment Introduces Standardized Modular Payload Interface Kits for RQ-20B
AeroVironment Introduces Standardized Modular Payload Interface Kits for RQ-20B Puma TUAS – Link
- AeroVironment announced the introduction of its standardized modular payload interface kits for RQ-20B Puma™ tactical unmanned aircraft systems (UAS).
- The Modular Payload Standard was established by U.S. Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) in order to create a modular architectural standard for a wide variety of payloads on Groups 1 through 3 UAS. The kits enable third-party payload manufacturers, as well as United States Department of Defense and international partners, to quickly and easily develop and integrate payloads onto the RQ-20B Puma.
- AeroVironment’s standardized modular payload interface kit is a self-contained unit that provides all of the mechanical and electrical interfaces required to enable RQ-20B Puma to mate with new payloads, regardless of whether or not they were developed specifically for the RQ-20B Puma platform.
- This interface kit not only allows for more rapid integration of new payloads, but it also reduces time and complexity for operators to swap them on the flight line and reduces government cost for new integrations.
- AeroVironment received an initial firm-fixed price order for modular payload standard kits from USSOCOM on May 12, 2021. Delivery of the kits is anticipated by November 2021.
And find how our services can benefit your company