Russia ready to Export the weapons-capable Orion-E
- Russia has begun to promote the Orion-E to the world arms market.
- Earlier “Orion” was offered for export only in reconnaissance version, without weapons.
- “The Russian special exporter company Rosoboronexport , together with the developer company Kronstadt, has begun promoting an unmanned complex with an Orion aircraft in a strike version, equipped with a universal weapon system, on the world arms market,” the agency’s interlocutor said.
- He added that “proposals for the supply of the Orion strike were sent to a number of foreign customers who may be in demand for this type of strike apparatus, and several initiative applications were received from potential buyers.”
- According to the source, deliveries of the Orion strike for export can start at the end of this – early next year, after the opening by the Kronstadt company of a plant for the production of unmanned aerial vehicles in Dubna .
- “It is expected that in terms of the aggregate of indicators” price – quality – intellectualization of the board “the Russian drone Orion-E will be one of the best offers on the market and will become” killers “of competitors such as the Turkish” Bayraktar “, – the agency’s interlocutor added.
- Orion-E’s weapons include unguided and corrected aerial bombs, as well as various guided missiles. The maximum payload weight of the drone is 200 kilograms, the total payload weight is up to 250 kilograms
Overview & Comments
Share the article
And find how our services can benefit your company