Is Latvia the Next NATO Country to Order the Turkish Bayraktar TB2s?
- Latvia could follow Poland as the second European and NATO nation to order Turkey’s Bayraktar TB2 UAV systems.
- Latvian Minister of Defense Artis Pabriks led a delegation to visit Turkish UAV manufacturer Baykar’s R&D and Production Facilities in Ankara.
- Baykar Defense released a statement after the visit along with a photo op with the minister Pabriks standing in front of the Bayraktar TB2 who was also quoted as saying, “Turkish industry has the highest world standards in research and development, and we value that very much as an ally in NATO.”
- Later in reply to a Twitter follower who asked “When can we expect Bayraktar TB2 to say ‘I am in Latvia’ (Es esmu Latvija) ?”, Minister Pabriks wrote: “I hope soon.”
- He also wrote on his Facebook page: “It is in the interests of Latvia to promote constructive cooperation on mutually important issues with Turkey and its military industry. Turkey is our partner in NATO and I am sure that our joint cooperation will help strengthen Latvian defense capabilities as well as our local military industry.”
- “Drones are the area we are currently paying attention to and will continue to pay very much attention. Drone systems create many additional options for Latvia, and it allows to really increase our combat abilities. To discuss further cooperation in defense and the development of the military industry, this week I visited the drone system manufacturing company Baykar.”
Overview & Comments
Share the article
And find how our services can benefit your company