Turkey’s ‘Aksungur’ UAV hits Target 30 km Away with New Indigenous Missile
Turkey’s ‘Aksungur’ UAV hits Target 30 km Away with New Indigenous Missile – link
Source: Defense World
- Turkey’s ‘Aksungur’ hit a test target 30 km away with a new domestically made missile, Chairperson of the Defense Industries Presidency (SSB) Ismail Demir announced Sunday.
- The new projectile, named KGK-SIHA-82, weighs 340 kilograms (750 pounds), and was fired by the UAV the first time, Ismail Demir wrote on his official Twitter account.
- In a separate statement, Aksungur’s manufacturer, Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) said the test firing took place over the Black Sea in the province of Sinop from an altitude of 20,000 feet.
- The shooting range will be increased to 45 kilometers with the same ammunition soon, TAI said.
- The KGK-SIHA-82 has been developed by TÜBITAK Defense Industries Research and Development Institute (SAGE).
And find how our services can benefit your company